Hello Troop 222,
Sorry for the short notice, last week a scout from Spain happened to stop by the C-Building. I asked him if he would be willing to chat with our scouts, but is only around until March 3rd. Requirement 7 for the Citizenship in the World Merit badge is:
- Do TWO of the following and share with your counselor what you have learned:
- a. Visit the Web site (With your parent/guardian’s permission) of the U.S. State Department. Learn more about an issue you find interesting that is discussed on this Web site.
- b. Visit the Web site (With your parent/guardian’s permission) of an international news organization or foreign government, OR examine a foreign newspaper available at your local library, bookstore, or newsstand. Find a news story about a human right realized in the United States that is not recognized in another country.
- c. Visit with a student or Scout from another country and discuss the typical values, holidays, ethnic foods, and traditions practiced or enjoyed there.
- d. Attend a world Scout jamboree.
- e. Participate in or attend an international event in your area, such as an ethnic festival, concert, or play.
Let me know if you are interested in talking with Carlos a 20 year old scout from Spain this Wednesday. This would be at the same time as the Trail to First Class meeting.