The next two weeks are very important to the troop and the community.
– We have our troop meeting this Wednesday at the Menlo Park Fire Station 1. We will have several Webelos Scouts joining us to learn skills and find out about boy scouts.
– This weekend we start the Scouting for Food campaign. This is our largest service project each year and we need every scout involved. Parents are also encouraged to help. There are two parts of the campaign; distribution of door hangers, pickup food donations. Last year we collected over 3000 pounds of food for the Second Harvest Food Bank. Assemble at MPPC at 8:30 this Saturday! If you can’t volunteer this Saturday contact Patrick Johnson for alternative times.
– Next week we were invited by the mayor to perform a flag ceremony for the Menlo Park City Council meeting. Noah Reis is still needing scouts to help.
– Next Saturday we are doing the second part of Scouting For Food knocking on doors and collecting the donations. Participation is required, scouts that are unable to join need to let me know why, attendance for both days will be taken.
– This past Sunday we had our November PLC (we were missing 3 Patrol Leaders!). Robert Lane took great notes and I have attached them to this email